The opportunities you give your students impact them on a daily basis and provide them with knowledge and experience that can last a lifetime. Destination Imagination encourages kids to have fun, take risks, work with others and identify each individual’s personal strengths.
Our Challenges are engaging, fun and inclusive. Each child finds their place within the team and is able discover and display his or her unique abilities and talents in ways they may never have imagined.
What DI Will Bring to Your Classroom
Destination Imagination's programs teach kids how to work in teams during or after school to solve hands-on creative challenges and help children improve their self-confidence and communication skills. Our participants form strong bonds with their teammates and often build friendships that can last a lifetime.
- Students who participate in DI learn to focus, behave, think and test well.
- The program is curriculum compliant and focuses on STEM education, the arts, and community service.
- Our challenges complement the Common Core Learning Standards, and the upcoming Next Generation Science Standards.
- Kids have fun learning, and many continue the program throughout the remainder of their education.
What Else do I Need to Know about DI in the Classroom?
DI is a cross-disciplinary project-based learning resource created and validated by educators and content experts that teachers can use to their advantage.
- DI can help close the achievement gap by encouraging teamwork between students of various backgrounds, which is known to improve the performance of students on other classroom activities.
- DI can be part of your curriculum, or can complement it in a synergistic way.
- DI builds confidence in students by empowering them to work independently and experience failure as only a step towards an ultimate successful result.
- DI is successfully being used in ESL classrooms encouraging all students to read and think in English to solve fun and engaging challenges.