- Published: 25 July 2000 25 July 2000
A message from the Director…..
I hope you are enjoying your Summer vacations in creative ways……….
On July 15th, 2000 several individuals representing each of New York's three regions, and including Judges, Team Managers, Regional Directors and the Affiliate Director met at Moses-DeWitt School in DeWitt New York to plan our upcoming Destination Imag iNation season.
Highlights of that meeting were:
- Our memberships are growing already. We have already received three (3) memberships for the upcoming season from 'new' members!
- Coaches wishing to receive e-notification of when our State Newsletter and Director's Messages (like this one) are posted to the State Website should send Dee Urban their e-mail address.
- Regions should be planning TM training sessions for the fall now. Suggested training would include:
- Basic new TM Training
- Instant Challenge Training
- Improv Workshop
- The 2001 New York State Tournament will be held at Jamesville-DeWitt High School on April 28, 2001. We are extremely pleased with this outstanding site and the level of cooperation we are receiving from the administration of the district.
- All three regions will be asked to provide judges for our state tournament. It is critically important that our State Judging Corps represent the entire State. Anyone wishing to judge at our State Tournament should first judge at a Regional Tournament to assure a high level of judging quality at the State Tournament.
- The new NY State Board of Directors will be composed of the following:
- 3 board members from each Region. For this first term one from each region will serve a one year term, one a two year term, and one a three year term. Thereafter, board members terms will be 3 years in length.
- 1 Alumni Representative who will serve a one year term
- 1 Judges Representative who will serve a one year term
- The Affiliate Director will serve as a non-voting member of the board.
- If you have an interest in serving on the Board please contact the Affiliate Director at email@example.com.
- State Tournament Site Director is Gail Hunt (Central Region). If you would like to volunteer to help at our State Tournament please contact Gail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- State T-Shirt and Pin Design is being Chaired by Chris & Lynn Lucas (Eastern Region) if you have suggestions or ideas please contact them directly at email@example.com .
- Until a State Judges Coordinator can be found Dee will handle coordination of judges for the State Tournament. If you are judging at a Regional Tournament and are interested in Judging at the State Tournament please contact Dee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Once each of the regions elect/appoint representation to the board the names and e-mail addresses of all board members will be posted to the NY Website.
- A summer Newsletter, including the International DI Membership Application, and the NY State DI Membership Application was sent to over 800 locations in New York State, it is also available on our website at http://nydi.org . It is critical to our operation that all who plan on participating register with both International DI and NY DI as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
As we look forward to a very exciting season ahead, please accept my very best wishes for a safe, enjoyable, and creative remainder of the summer. If you need assistance of any kind please contact me at your convenience………
Dee Urban, Affiliate Director
73 Minden Drive
Orchard Park, New York 14127
Telephone (716) 675-7566