December 2000 Director's Message
As this year comes to a close I want to take a moment to wish each of you a joyous holiday season filled with the blessings of home, health, family, friends & the joy of creative endeavor.
The first months of 2001 will certainly fly by quickly. Soon you will be able to see the tangible products of your team's imagination come to life! It will be an exciting and stressful time for Team Managers across the globe. Before you know it January will become February and then March will arrive and with it the Destination Imagination of New York Regional Tournaments!
A few critical things must be taken care of so your team will be able to fully participate;
1. Check with your school to make sure that you have registered with the National, State and Regional Organizations. If you are not sure who to check with you can call the State Director, Dee Urban 716-675-7566, for information about your National & State Registration status. Call your Regional Director for information regarding the status of your Regional registration. You can find out the contact information for your Regional Director on our "Regional Information" webpage. The NY State & Regional Membership deadline is 1/15/01
2. Continue to check for clarifications at least once a week. You can do this by clicking HERE . Remember, you need your passport number (National Membership Registration number) in order to ask your own clarifications; make sure your team has this number before the Holiday Break so they can ask any questions they need!
3. The December Newsletter is already on our Destination Imagination Commemorative Challenge Pins . It will be mailed in mid-December to every membership coordinator. Included in this newsletter is the WESTERN REGION team registration form which must be completed and returned by 1/15/01 in order to prepare Certificates of Participation and inclusion in the WESTERN regional tournament program. Be sure you take care of this as soon as you can; please be careful to write clearly and carefully the names of each team member and manager as you wish them to appear.
4. Also in the December Newsletter is a copy of the TEAM CHEER order form. This is a great way for your team to raise some money and to support our organization through sale of these ads in our tournament programs. 50% of the cost of the ads is kept by the team selling the ad, the other 50% covers the cost of printing our tournament program which would not be possible without this aid.
5. The Destination Imagination Commemorative Challenge Pins are still available for pre-order and will be delivered in January. I have been able to extend the order deadline until January 15, 2001. This is the LAST extension I can get; if you want these pins you will need to make sure that your order is in my hands by 1/15/01. These great pins will not be available at any tournaments, the only way to get them is through this pre-order process; don't miss out! Order yours today!