Destination Imagination Coordinators are volunteers who faciliate the program at the local school or organization level.
Beyond that, coordinators:
- Facilitate communications between DI participants and the sponsoring organization (e.g. school)
- Help find resources for teams like skills training, sources of supplies, or other needs
- Support team managers through mentoring, etc.
- In some cases, organize transportation to distant tournaments
- Organize fundraising for their local DI program
- Identify potential appraisers and tournament officials
We thank our amazing coordinators for all that they do for NYDI!
See below for some resources which can help in the task of coordinating a local DI program:
There are five steps to getting your teams set up to present their solutions at the Regional Tournament, or attend an I/C Fiesta: