Frequently Asked Questions
- number of children worldwide that participate in Destination Imagination, Inc. programs annually
- number of Destination Imagination, Inc. volunteers worldwide
- 1.5 million+
- number of DI alumni worldwide
- 5 years
- average length of participation in DI
- 6,000 – 7,000
- number of schools involved in DI
- 48 states
- number of U.S. states with DI teams
- number of countries that participate in DI
- number of teams expected to participate in DI in 2015-16
- number of people who attend Global Finals
- number of teams at Global Finals
[Data as of August 2015]
NYDI is the New York affiliate of Destination Imagination Inc.: a non-profit, volunteer-led, cause-driven organization.
We inspire and equip students to become the next generation of innovators and leaders.
We offer seven exciting standards-based Challenges in STEM, Improv, Visual Arts, Service Learning, and Early Learning. Each Challenge is open-ended and enables students (K-university) to learn and experience the creative process from imagination to innovation. In solving our Challenges, teams learn important 21st century skills which will prepare them for a brilliant future. Students have fun and gain confidence in their ability to solve any challenge.