Congratulations on your decision to start a Destination Imagination team!
Here's how to begin:
1. Get a Team Manager:
Every Destination Imagination team needs at least one adult to be a Team Manager to facilitate the teams operations.
2. Get a Team Number:
Some special cases:
- If there is already a Destination Imagination program in your area, e.g. at your school, you should contact its organizers to continue.
- If you are an individual looking for a team to join, or don't think you have enough team members to form a team, we can help! Visit your Region Page for more information.
- If you are an organization or school planning to start a local Destination Imagination program which could have multiple teams, please contact your Regional Director.
If none of the above are the case, then you need to buy your Team Number (including Program Materials) and pay the NY Affiliate Fee:
|Team Number & Program Materials||$105||$105|
|New York Affiliate Fee||$80||$15|
|Total Payable to DI Inc.||$460||$155|
There are three ways to do this:
|Purchase your Team Number online using ShopDI.org
This is the fastest method!
All options accept payment by:
|Download our Start a Team Application
Fax to: +1 (856) 881-3596 or Email to: AskDI@dihq.org
|Call DI Inc. at +1 (888) 321-1503
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (EST)
Note: It is very important to provide your correct contact information in this step, including:
- Organization name [for school-sponsored teams this should be your school district name]
- Primary contact - should be a real person whom we can contact who knows about your DI program. Please provide at least name, email address, and telephone number.
- Shipping address for Program Materials
If you don't provide complete and correct information, we will not be able to ship the Program Materials to you, and we will not be able to contact you to complete the following registration steps - so please double check that your information is accurate.
3. Pay your Regional Fee:
Once your Team Number is purchased and assigned by DI Inc., you should receive an email about Regional Fee payment. Also, your REGIONAL DIRECTOR will contact you with further welcoming information, including instructions on how to enroll in NYDI tournaments, events and training in your area:
|Central Region||$60||$25||I/C Fiesta $15|
|Western Region||$185||$25||I/C Fiesta $30|
4. Get Trained:
We have lots of great training materials for Teams and Team Managers:
- Check your Region Page for any scheduled Team Manager Training sessions.
- Complete the Manager training modules at DI University.
- See our Resource Page, and visit the Map for Team Managers.
5. Get Enrolled:
Once you have completed your Team Number purchase you will be contacted with instructions on how to enroll in the Regional Tournament.
6. Get Started:
Plan your first team meeting and get your team started on solving the Challenge!
Let our great Roadmap book be your guide!