An excercise about interacting with appraisers to practice with your team:
After the performance the appraisers will come to talk to your team.
When the appraisers ask about a certain part of your solution / props / backdrop / costumes / ideas / etc., who should answer the appraiser’s question?
- The person the appraiser first asks
- The person who did the work correct answer
- No one – we don’t talk to appraisers
If the appraiser asks you a question you don’t know the answer to, you should?
- Make up an answer
- Consult another team member and then answer the appraiser
- Suggest which team member the appraiser should ask
- Take the appraiser to the team member that knows the most about the correct answer correct answer
Before competing, the team should?
- Practice talking to appraisers about their performance, props, backdrops and ideas
- Practice pointing out to appraisers the things the team is particularly proud of that the appraisers might not have noticed
- (a) and (b) correct answer
- Never think about what the appraisers might ask
In which portion of the tournament does the team have the opportunity to earn points:
- In the prep area when checking in and handing in Tournament Data Forms
- While waiting in the launch area to begin the performance
- During the performance
- During the appraiser questions time immediately after the performance
- (c) and (d)
- All of the above correct answer