2022 NYDI Affiliate Tournament
LAST UPDATE: January 1, 2022
This page will be updated as we learn more about actual Tournament procedures.
All New York teams are invited to present their Challenge solutions at the 2022 NYDI Affiliate Tournament, on April 2, 2022.
The tournament will be held at SUNY Broome Community College, located in Binghamton, NY.
Tournament Registration is Open! Please visit Register Your Team to start the registration process. You can log in using the same credentials that you use to access the Resource Area. Registration must be completed by February 13 to avoid late fees.
Lodging in Binghamton
We have been planning our April 2nd Tournament with the safety of our participants in mind. Here are some of the precautions that we are planning:
- All Tournament attendees will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or proof of a recent negative COVID test (details to follow).
- All attendees will be required to wear well-fitting masks over the mouth and nose.
- Temperature checks at the building entrance will be mandatory.
- Teams will be allowed a limited number of spectators, depending on the number of members on the team.
- Teams should plan to arrive, perform their Team Challenge and Instant Challenge, and then leave.
- The awards ceremony will take place online (instead of our usual in-person event).
- Only the team that is performing, their designated spectators, and Tournament officials will be allowed into the performance room. We plan to make video of all of the performances available online, so that everyone can view them safely.
We know that this differs from our usual celebration of creativity, but as we are sure you will understand, we want to make sure that none of the kids become ill as a result of participation in the Tournament. Of course, if conditions change, we stand ready to shift to different procedures.