For more information, please see DI Inc.'s press release and blog post.
- Global Finals Web Page – go here first!
- Challenge Sites (will be posted in May)
- Important Challenge Info for Teams (will be posted in May)
- Travel Guide for Teams (2018 version) (2019 version will be available in January)
- Team NY Schedule (will be posted in May)
- DI Event Management / Registration System
- Global Finals Team Manager Guide
- Global Finals Parent Guide
- What if we Win at States and are going to Global Finals?
- Tips for Team Managers at the Tournament
- Champ-Pack Pre-Order – requested for ALL teams!
- Have you checked the information on the Global Finals Web Page yet?
- Is it a general question about Global Finals? Start with your regional director!
- Is it about a specific pin or shirt order? If so, Team Managers should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is it a problem with the DI Event Management / Registration System? If so, then email AskDI@dihq.org or telephone +1 (888) 321-1503.
To access your registration
- Go to DI Event Management System.
- Log in using the same email and password that you used on the DI Resource Area to select and download your Challenge back in the fall. You can use the password reset function if you don't remember your password.
- Go to Teams → Register.
- Click the pencil button to the left of your team.
Confirmation of Attendance at Globals
If you know your team will be attending Globals, please follow the link in the email you received from DI Inc. and confirm your attendance. If you know you will not be able to attend, please advise us as soon as possible so we can determine if another team should advance.
Registration / Payment Deadlines
- You must accept (or decline) the invitation to Global Finals immediately.
- A deposit is due by May 1, 2019.
- Final payment and confirmation is due by Early May.
Sponsor your Team with A Tax Deductible Donation!
Good news! DI Inc. has provided a way for individuals and organizations to make tax deductible donations to support individual teams at Global Finals. These donations are applied directly to a teams open balance for Global Finals registration.
Please visit the Global Finals Sponsor a Team page for detailed instructions.
NOTE: Checks sent to DI Inc. for donations MUST reference the Team Number ON THE CHECK in order for the team's account to be credited.
It has been said that beyond the Challenges, pin trading is the social glue which binds teams from all around the world together at Global Finals.
Every team member will receive a few NYDI pins in their Champ Pack, but most participants buy additional pins so that they have more to trade. See the Champ Pack page and our NYDI Shop for more information.
Note: Any additional pin orders for your teams — including parent orders — should come through the Team Manager to email@example.com. This will greatly facilitate the distribution of pins and shirts. It will also allow us to consolidate orders by team if that works to the benefit of the team/parents. These orders should be paid my check payable to Destination Imagination of New York, 22 Cortlandt Manor Road, Katonah, NY 10536.
NYDI and DI Inc. do not provide transportation to Global Finals. This is the responsibility of the team, or perhaps of the team's sponsoring organization. There is some information about Global Finals travel at Global Finals Travel. Also see Global Finals Prop Shipment if you would like to arrange to ship your props directly to Global Finals.
What to Bring
Here is a short list of items which teams should be sure to bring for the trip to Knoxville:
- Your solution: Make sure you have a good checklist of all of your props, equipment, supplies, costumes, tools, etc. Check it twice!
- Your paperwork: Check-in sheets and release forms (from DI Event Management), signed Global Finals Consent Forms, and Tournament Data Forms (see below).
- Your NYDI State Champions shirt – wear this for opening and closing ceremonies.
- Your school or team DI Shirt – wear for Team Challenge (unless you have constumes), and for your Instant Challenge.
- Costume for the Costume Ball, aka the "Duct Tape Ball" (if you plan to attend). It is traditional to make costumes out of duct tape.
- Clothes for the remainder of your stay – but not too much!
- Your NYDI Trading Pins
- Cell phone and charger. Extra batteries or power banks are recommended.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses (temperatures in Knoxville are expected to be in the mid 80's).
- Swim suit / large towel, tennis racket, etc. - the athletic center is nearby
- Any medications which you need, in their original packaging.
Note the above list is not definitive!
What NOT to Bring
While that is a pretty long list, we do advise teams to pack light:
- Don't bring any fancy dress clothing. You won't need it!
- Don't bring lots of extra clothing "just in case". You can always wash items as needed.
- Don't bring anything which is illegal or dangerous – no drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc.
- Pillows, sheets and pillowcases – these are all provided.
- IMPORTANT Do not bring backpacks, other opaque bags or anything that is difficult to search to the Welcome Ceremony, Costume Ball, or Closing Ceremony.
- Most important Don't bring ATTITUDE! Remember – we are no longer teams from our individual schools! Rather, we are TEAM NEW YORK, representing our entire affiliate, our country, and DI globally. We are ambassadors for Destination Imagination – let's act that way, and support every team – no matter where they come from.
Each team must bring a new completed set of Tournament Data Forms with them to Global Finals. Global Finals appraisers will NOT have access to the forms which you handed to the appraisers at any of the NYDI tournaments.
There is a completely separate and different set of Consent Forms required for Global Finals. These differ from the NYDI Consent Forms which you already completed, and are available in the DI Event Management / Registration System.
Teams are reminded that they should print out a copy of the Published Clarifications and any Team Clarifications which they requested.