The 2017 NYDI Western Regional Tournament will be held on March 3rd, 2018 at Clarence Middle School.
Please remember that you may not enroll in the Tournament until your Team Registration is complete:
- Registrations are due by December 15, 2017. Late registrations shall be assessed $50 per team late fee.
- Registrations and tournament enrollments after January 15, 2018 are subject to Regional Director approval.
- No registrations will be accepted or processed after February 15, 2018.
See the Western Region page for details on Team Registration.
The tournament schedule is posted below. Registration changes such as team name and contact info updates should be completed in the NYDI Registration System.
Team Managers should review our 7 Secrets to a Successful Tournament presentation, and should also study the Travel Guide for Teams (available in February). This has very important information about procedures on the day of the tournament. You should also review our Team Manager Tournament Tips, A Typical Tournament Day, and Picking up and Understanding Your Scores.
The Awards Ceremony will take place around 4:45 pm. Please note that there is some uncertainty in the starting time of the ceremony, as we cannot begin until all of the teams' scores have been tabulated.
Teams which achieve 1st or 2nd place will advance to the NYDI Affiliate Tournament. In the case of a tie, the tied teams will advance according to their rank, and will not affect the advancement of teams at a lower rank.
Additionally, any team whose total score is within 10 points of an advancing team and has won (1st place) in any competition portion (Central Challenge, Team Choice Elements or Instant Challenge) will be given the opportunity to be evaluated by a second set of Appraisers, and therefore advanced.
- Please force refresh / bypass your browser cache to ensure that you are seeing the latest version of the schedule!
Tournament schedules are typically posted approximately two weeks before the tournament.
- Emails from NYDI always take precedence over this web page!
- All teams should re-verify their performance times when they register on the day of the tournament.